Friday, July 24, 2009

I just want butterfly stiches....


Well, my first baby got stitches. Mr. Dawson had to get 4 stitches on Monday. I was at the park walking, and got in the car and Mike calls, very odd, he never calls. You need to get to High Hill, Dawson fell. Ok, on my way, very patiently, because my thought is, if it was horrific, they would have called the ambulance. As I'm driving Mike is saying, 'apparently Heather tried to call you and couldn't get you, want's up with that?'. Well, I don't walk with my phone, it is not a part of me and I sometime take a break from it, uh, men!. So, I go to pick up my baby and he has blood over most of his forehead, so I'm thinking, scrap, stitches aren't going to help, but maybe some butterfly ones will keep the scar down. So, we're off to the Dr's office. Dawson is freaken out the whole way because he doesn't want stitch's and I'm trying to make it not sound so bad and tell him, 'we're probably just getting butterfly stitches and not the big ones that mommy had to get when she was little. Because everything that goes wrong with Dawson, falling, getting sick, not being able to ride a bike, all of those things have to be run past me, 'did you get sick when you were little?'. Everything has to be verified that it happened to me once upon a time and he is not the first to fall. So, we walk right into the room, 'note, if you want to get right in to the office, spear some blood or ketchup, whatever is handing on your kids and the nurses get you right out of the waiting room, possibly a little scary looking for the other patients waiting'. So, we get in there and sit down and Dawson says, 'I just want butterfly stitches, not the big ones'. Well, once the nurse cleaned it off, I knew it, stitches, the big ones! So, the Dr. comes in and says, 3 stitches and Dawson flips out. We were the people in the room next to you that you wondering what the hell is going on in there. So, the nurse is holding his arms and I'm laying on his legs going, 'its fine, your great, we're almost done'. Well Dawson is believing any of that crap, 'stop, it hurts, your choking me!'. So, they let him up after the numbing shot and they we have to talk him in to laying back down for the stitches. Promise # one, we'll go to Target for a toy when we're done. Well, the numbing wasn't enough and we had to hit him a again, 'no, i need a hug, let me up, I just need one more hug!'. Promise # 2, we're going to the ice cream shop. So, we start stitching, 'great job guy, we have 2 done, you are such a big boy, only 2 more. Here is where you think maybe you shouldn't send them to school, 'you said only 3 stitches, not 4!'. Promise #3, special bandaids for the stitches, whatever kind you want. So, we get them taken out tomorrow, how much do you think that visit is going to 'cost'????

No comments:

Post a Comment