This weekend I finally talked Dawson into putting away all his muscle shirts, all 22 of them. This phase started last summer, he wore a muscle shirt everyday but 3. I'm not sure where this infatuation with these type of shirts came from, but apparently it is here to stay. I thought for sure last fall that a year off from them he would forget about the need to wear them and we could wear 'normal' shirts the next summer. Well, apparently a year was not long enough! Already in April we were wearing them and he was fighting it until October to continue to wear him. He is the most hot natured kid. If you let him, he'd go outside in 40 degree weather wearing a muscle shirt, shorts and flip flops and would still be asking if he could take his shirt off. That is another thing we started this summer, we wanted to go shirtless all the time. It is like we are slowly raising a certified redneck here. I don't think I'm going to tell him that muscle shirts are not allowed in kindergarten at St. Joe......he may refuse to go!
Tuesday, October 13, 2009
Good-bye summer, and my muscle shirts..
This weekend I finally talked Dawson into putting away all his muscle shirts, all 22 of them. This phase started last summer, he wore a muscle shirt everyday but 3. I'm not sure where this infatuation with these type of shirts came from, but apparently it is here to stay. I thought for sure last fall that a year off from them he would forget about the need to wear them and we could wear 'normal' shirts the next summer. Well, apparently a year was not long enough! Already in April we were wearing them and he was fighting it until October to continue to wear him. He is the most hot natured kid. If you let him, he'd go outside in 40 degree weather wearing a muscle shirt, shorts and flip flops and would still be asking if he could take his shirt off. That is another thing we started this summer, we wanted to go shirtless all the time. It is like we are slowly raising a certified redneck here. I don't think I'm going to tell him that muscle shirts are not allowed in kindergarten at St. Joe......he may refuse to go!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I vote he just wear a long sleeve shirt under the muscle shirt...all winter long!! :)
ReplyDelete