I can't believe how the cookie party has grown! When we started out I think we hade 12 or so kids and they were all so small and cute. They all sat on little tyke tables and spread sprinkles from here to Cheyenne. Now, with everyone growing and parents reproducing, the numbers and table size has grown!! If everyone would of come this year we would have had 26 kids! But, with schedules filling by the years, its hard to find a day that works for everyone. So, this year, we only had 19 kids. But what is so different, is how big they are now. No longer do we use the little tables, I have 2 regular size tables set up in the dining room. And 4 dozen cookies wouldn't even make it 10 minutes, now we have 12 dozen cookies! The girls are so careful and creative. And the boys, they want to test the weight bearing capabilites of a sugar cookie by piling on more icing than required for 4 cookies:-) Oh, I just love this day, I love all the kids running around and the mom's eating and talking. And I love to see the house after they are all gone. Not because I'm glad there gone, but because you get to see what toys they've gotten out, where you find juice boxes, who forgot what, it is just all so cute. But the little tables may be coming back, as this year, we had some babies and toddlers, so room will be made!
This year though, there was a little excitement though. My mom was nice enough to pick up the 12 dozen cookies for me. No, I don't make them, that's crazy! When you can buy them for $2 a dozen, its a great deal!! Well, mom left that at my aunt's for me to pick up after work. Then mom and Joan headed to KC to spend some time with my cousin. So, house is empty and locked and my cookies are safe inside.......way to safe, the electronic garage door opener wouldn't work!!!!!!!! And there was no key anywhere in town for the place. So, I had to call my 80 year old cookie maker, the night before, and ask her if she had any more. Oh no problem she said, she was already making 60 dozen for something else, so she'd just through me in. Lord, thank you for old people with big hearts because if she couldn't of done it, I think I would of had a tiny meltdown. I wonder what next year will bring.....

No comments:
Post a Comment