Saturday, February 6, 2010

Winter Recap......



Man, where has the time gone!? Between Dawson's broken leg, the holidays, work, and the cold weather, I just haven't blogged. So I guess we'll start with the broken leg on Thanksgiving day. We had been at mom's for 10 minutes. I know I asked God to help me with no over eating but really, a broken leg and a 3 hour stent in the ER with another hour at Walgreens, a little excess, but he is God and knows all, so. As for how it all went down, my mom sitting in my grandma's walker, Dawson was pushing her, walker and mom fell over and Dawson was flipped the opposite direction. He immediately stood up because he was scared he was in trouble. We all attended to mom, who was fine and then Dawson fell to the groud. To which I said, "oh get up, your not in trouble". Anyother time he does it it is to get out of trouble, how was I to know this time he was ACTUALLY hurt??!! So, since farm boy Dad was with us we had to try to walk it off. I suggested within 10 minutes that we should go to the ER but he made us wait 2 hours. After that I said, you can come or not, we leavings. So, off to the ER and let me tell, what a great time to go, 3 pm on a holiday, noone was there, not a soul, we got right in. However, poor Dawson was freaking out because he is invisioning the pain of the stiching he got in his forehead for his birthday. We reassured him regularly that he wasn't going to hurt anymore than he was now but he just wasnt' buying it.
So, we left there with a cast from the tip of his toe to his butt, bent at a angle...lovely. We then went to Walgreens for some pain medication, only because they are the only people open on the holiday. I never go there, they are wayyy to slow. So, 55 minutes to get some prescription tylenol, crazy. I sat and stared at them the whole time they were back there working and any time they tried to talk or laugh, I rememinded them of my child in the car, you know, the one with the broken leg! So, we carried DAwson akwardly with that crazy full length cast until Tuesday, when we got a smaller one. Thank goodness because with the full cast, he weighed 70 lbs!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment