I made it back from California weeks ago and am just now getting or finding time to blog, the summer is crazy and it isn't really even summer yet! When I was gone I took pictures of San Francisco to show the boys where I'd been. This shot I took from my window seat on the plane to show the boys how high I was. I thought it would be neat to show then how I was ABOVE the clouds. Well, of course Mr. Dawson put his little brain into thought. I showed Dawson the pic and he thought it was so neat, that I was so high, and off he ran. Well, later that day ol' Hunter was on his death and heaven talk, at the age of 6 he is not ready to die and wants to know how old he will be before he does, crazy man. Well, I always say you never go until you've done everything you need to do on earth and so on. Then of course Hunter always wants to know what heaven is like and what you do there and who you'll see. Here is where Dawson's wheels start spinning. I say, "I'm not sure what it's like in heaven but I know it's the best place to be'. Dawson's turn to speak now, 'my, you were just in heaven'; 'no, I haven't been to heaven'; yes you were mom, when you were on the plane, you were above the clouds, and that's consider heaven you know, and did you see grandpa Rick when you were up there?':-) Cause as you know, heaven is way above the clouds and I said, I was flying above the clouds................
When I returned though, everyone wanted to know how Mike did with the boys for 6 days as he has never wanted the boys for more than a day. Well, I tell everyone, 'if the operation failed that would have meant that the house burned down because I had everything lined up for them! In order for the week to go smooth I cleaned the house, washed all the clothes, laid out all the boys clothes for the week, prepared suppers or lined them up, finished all of Hunter's homework with him for the week and prepared a detailed list by day of what had to be done with the boys from sun up to sun down. Is was a lot of work to prepare it all and pack for myself but as you know, that's just was mom's do. I asked Hunter when I returned how it went and he said, "mom, I really missed you, but it was good to get to spend so much time with dad".

No comments:
Post a Comment